14 April 2015

An eerie day

Today reminded me of Tyler's birthday almost 8 years ago when we were living in Stansbury. The weather that day had gotten quite windy and I had stepped outside to rescue the garbage can as fences and trees came tumbling down.



I remember the feeling was just eerie and this afternoon's atmosphere had almost that exact feel.

I knew it was going to be windy today. I expected it and brought the garbage can into the garage. I sat inside watching it whip things around the yard and really wishing it would stop. I really don't like the wind. I haven't had a chance to survey the damage yet other than the fact that it rained mud.

You'd think looking out my windows that it was snowing. Erik is going to make bank this weekend cleaning windows. He's already got two jobs scheduled ahead of mine.

I also got a short email from my missionary parents, the first I've gotten in a little while. Apparently, they are experiencing their own Liberty Jail and are using an internet cafe because they've had no power for 4 days and no internet for 10. No power means no water, no toilets, no washing, no fans or air conditioning. It's also been quite muggy from all the rain. I'm sure they've had to get creative with all sorts of things and I'm looking forward to an email detailing this latest experience.

No comments: