02 April 2012

Celebrating March birthdays

Too bad March only comes around once a year because birthdays can be fun sometimes.

This year Erik's field trip happened to fall on my birthday and he REALLY wanted me to come. After much arm twisting I consented and spent the morning at the Clarke Planetarium chaperoning three 6th grade boys. That evening I threw myself a party by inviting my sisters and good friend I've known since I was 2 to our house for a barbecue. Sadly, I was not smart enough to get a picture. Old age is setting in.
Tyler and I celebrated my birthday a day earlier. I informed him I wanted to try The Cheesecake Factory for my birthday. I had seen it, heard of it, had never been, so we went for lunch. Oh boy! I don't think either of us were expecting what we got. First, I was impressed that they brought Alex a small plate of bananas and bread while we ordered. SMART! Second, I was not expecting a menu that pretty much covered an entire gamut of appetites. And third, the service was excellent. We ordered an appetizer of Thai lettuce wraps and our waiter brought us out wet towels to clean our fingers. WOW!

I even got dessert which we NEVER do.

Ty let me know that when I first suggested it, he thought we were going to some place like Chuck e Cheese. He said, "Do you think we could come back for my birthday?"

You bet, if I'm invited.

Ash had a birthday several weeks later. Lucky for her it fell on Wednesday which is our early-out day at school. She got to spend the entire afternoon playing with friends.

Favorites (written by Ash)
Books: Magic Tree House and Junie B. Jones
Colors: Purple, red, green
Songs: On a Golden Springtime and Walk on the Water (Britt Nicole)
Movies: Savana Smiles (got this for her birthday because we think she looks like Savannah)

TV shows: Loony Toons
Foods: Macoroni and pizza
Games: Sorry
Toys: Dolls
School subject: Math
School lunch: pizza
Places: gramma's (my mom's mom), house, beach, California
Close friends: Allison, Allie, Kiera, Avery, Riley, Hillary (Kiera and Allison below)
Hobbies: reading, coloring, math
What I want to be when I grow up: a teacher
Personality: spunky, loud, always happy except when she's not then watch out, girlie girl, confident, top of her class

Self Portrait

No comments: