27 March 2012

I'm still around . . .

For some reason it seems life hits hard some weeks and my to-do list is ever growing.

I've got some birthday posts to catch up on and lots to do before our trip next week.

But . . . 

I did find a deal on an Alaskan cruisetour and got it booked today. It's our way of celebrating 15 years in June.

Tyler mentioned to me this morning that he wished he had the camcorder running to capture this morning as 3 of our 4 school-age children left for school.
  • Kiersten was the first, but she just goes earlier and quieter than the rest.
  • Awhile later Ashlyn left, strutting down the street all peacock like as she thinks she's bigger and older than she is.
  • Nate walked out the door with his head in a book, stepped in the horse manure in the middle of the street, looked at his shoe, and continued on his way, head still in a book.
  • Erik slammed the door on his way out, all in a huff because of a disagreement he and I had over his chore list, and streaked down the road in at least a t-shirt and shorts. He rarely wears a coat and sometimes a jacket, even in the winter. I learned long ago to not nag. If he's cold he'll dress warmer.

No comments: