08 March 2012

15 years

Fifteen years ago today Tyler took me to the Logan Zoo and while we were on the little bridge overlooking the little fish, he "fished" for something in his pocket and asked me to marry him. I looked at him incredulously and said, "Are you serious?"


But then I said yes.

And that was in the days before anyone ever took a lot of pictures. I wish we had had a camera that day. The picture below was our first "official" picture of the two of us that I'm sure a roommate snapped one day.

Funny thing is our very first outing together (I wouldn't call it a date) was fishing at Porcupine Reservoir in Cache County.

Since my birthday was the next day, he let me open my present early which was a pair of roller blades. Rollerblading is still one of our favorites dates. We like cruising the Jordan River Parkway and then walking up the hill either to Iceberg or the opposite direction to Tio's Mexican Restaurant to eat and then cruising back to our car. (This particular day we brought Ash and Kiersten along and I rode my bike.)

After the zoo and birthday present, Ty took me out to eat at my first Korean restaurant. That was the first time I'd tasted anything like octopus or kimchi. It was definitely a new experience. I'm still not very fond of either, but bulgogi and japchae have become some of my favorite foods to eat. I'm sure Tyler is quite pleased that I've become very proficient at making them at home. Our kids even have developed a love for Korean food.

No comments: