10 March 2011

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to"

Run a half marathon. That was my one and only goal for the year. The other day I registered for the Top of Utah Half Marathon on August 27. I am was hoping this half will would make me feel young and fit. . . . And then I had to select my age bracket and realized I've now moved up a division. I am getting older. No doubt about that. Birthdays kind of do that to you.

This year my mom gave me a birthday gift, however, that definitely takes me back 20 years to my childhood. Growing up she had this exercise video "Sweatin' to the Oldies with Richard Simmons" that we would all hip hop to (VHS naturally). I don't know that you could call it exercise; it was really just a lot of dancin' around. But I guess if it gets you movin' it qualifies and we loved it. Every now and then when we get together, someone inevitably brings up the video, and embarrasingly, we all start sweatin' to an oldies. My sisters are going to be so jealous. I definitely see a Richard Simmons workout party in the near future. My house. Bring your leotards, leg warmers, head bands.

No comments: