21 March 2011

Happy Birthday, Ash

Ash,

Happy Birthday to a cute 6-year-old.
I just could not imagine our family without our Ash.
The day you were born was a rainy day, and you came into the world rather quickly.
I knew the moment the nurses laid you in my lap that you were a special baby.
You bring such happiness to our family with your spunkiness and love for life. 
I hope you always share that happiness with others.

You requested chocolate muffins from Sam's Club for breakfast. I didn't really want to make that trip just for muffins and you were happy to have chocolate muffins from a box. However, the grocery store didn't have any, so you settled for a chocolate chip muffin mix and I added some cocoa to make it chocolatey. You don't get too upset over trivial things like muffins and I love that about you. Remember to never take life too seriously.

Several days before your birthday you requested Costa Vida for lunch. Your dad and I were a little surprised by that since you don't care much for Mexican food, or any food for that matter. But when we were at the grocery store getting your muffins, you saw Lunchables and immediately put them in the basket for your birthday lunch. That's was more like the Ashlyn I knew.

And for dinner you requested homemade macaroni and cheese and chocolate cake for dessert.

I love you Ash and are so glad to have you.
Love, Mom

39.4 pounds
??? inches
 __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just for your reference of what your world was like on your 6th birthday:

Price of gas: $2.36
Price of milk: $2.33
Price of our Stansbury home (.34 acres and 2900 sq feet): $218,900
Minimum wage: $7.25
9.0 Earthquake hits Japan on March 11

Your favorites:
Book: Junie B. Jones
Color: purple and pink
Song: "If I Listen with my haert" (Primary song for 2011)
Movie: Enchanted
TV shows: Bedtime storys.
Foods: Makcaroni
Games: Chuets and Laders
Toys: Barbeis
School subject: Centers
Places: reshrontes (restaurants . . . and when I asked which one, she said she likes Training Table)
Close friends: Alli and Keira (Swensen)
Hobbies: Play with Freinds

What I want to be when I grow up
: Baby docter

(taken from a sheet I have the birthday child fill our; spelling has been retained)

No comments: