28 March 2008

Café Rio Salad Dressing

My neighbor shared this recipe with me this week. The first time I tried Café Rio I was not a fan. But since discovering their salad, I'm hooked. This is just about as good as the real thing.

Café Rio Salad Dressing
1 envelope dry ranch dressing mix
7 oz. salsa verde (Mexican food isle, Herdez brand)
2 med. garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c. mayo
3/4 c. sour cream
jalapeno pepper (I added about 1/4 of the pepper; add depending on how hot you want it)
1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
lime juice
Mix all ingredients in blender; add lime juice to taste. Chill ahead. Can be thinned with buttermilk if desired.
Salad Assembly
tortilla
lime rice (just add a little lime juice to your rice)
black beans (I use refried since I don't like black)
meat (I use shredded chicken; separate recipe below)
romaine lettuce
monterey jack cheese
guacamole/sour cream
crispy chip strips
parmesan cheese

Café Rio Chicken
4 chicken breasts

small bottle Italian dressing (or use half of a large)
2 t. cumin
2 t. chili powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
Cook for about 4 hours in a crock pot. Shred chicken with a fork.

No comments: