21 November 2020

We got a car . . . and a companion!

This week has been so much fun!

Last week, we challenged all our members in our weekly message as a family to go serve someone who needs it. The Vera's did that for some people, but also showed up at our apartment with Crumbl cookies and an entire cheesecake! We ended up giving some of it away by dropping it off at the doorstep of a family who is in quarantine right now, but I can't believe how nice people have been to us.

We also invited them to do Come and See Me- to invite 10 family or friends to come watch their son speak in church- and they invited Brother Vera's brother and his family! His brother is inactive and his family aren't members, but they all came and brought a friend that was visiting them for the weekend!

Thursday night, right before a lesson, President Blake called us and asked if our apartment could fit three people. We said it could, and he said that's all he needed to know, so we thought maybe at transfers we were going to get a new companion, or two new ones if one of us left. However, the AP's called later that night and said we were getting a new companion the next day, and what do you know, but it's Elder Ogden!

Elder Ogden and I went to high school together, and ran cross country together, so I was super excited. He's two years older than me, so he's finishing his last 3 weeks, and I'm finishing my ... last 22 months. Sorry to my mom if that sounded like a long time, but I'm still super excited to be out here. Anyways, the AP's were on an exchange with the zone leaders, so they drove me to the mission home the next morning on their way back to their area. I got to have waffles with President and Sister Blake, and then me and Elder Ogden drove back to our apartment. That's right, we drove. It's been so nice to have a car the last couple days.

Anyways, we had an awesome couple days with him, and then we received another call from President last night, and Elder Ogden was transferred to Aurora to be a zone leader for his last two weeks. He packed up his things in twenty minutes or so, and then he was gone as fast as he came. I did learn some things from him so I'm so grateful for that. And ... we kept the car! So we now have a 2020 equinox with only about 2000 miles on it. We'll keep it at least until the end of the transfer, but then it might go back to its old area. We also kept the new mattress we got, and the bunk bed, so Elder Hales sleeps on the top bunk (he likes being high up, he tends to just chill out on top of our fridge) and I get a double decker bed.

I want to testify that I know families are central to our Heavenly Father's plan for us. I'm so grateful to all of my family who have all supported me in coming out here, and for all they've done for me. I'm grateful to know that we can live forever with our families, that we can be sealed together. I know our Heavenly Father loves us as His children, and wants us to return to Him, just like any father would with his kids. I bear testimony of that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

All my love,

Elder Leary 

No comments: