03 August 2019

Where am I going?

Hello from Florida. This week was a tough week in all honesty. I had a really bad cold all week and still kind of do, although it's mostly better. I also got something stuck in my eye on Tuesday that really bothered me for 3 days and made it tough to sleep, plus I twisted my ankle last Monday. It's been a rough week physically. The rest of the week was fantastic though.

On Saturday we got transfer calls, so I was stressing all week about where I was going to go. I've been in Rockledge for 3 transfers, which is quite a while. On Saturday the Zone Leaders called to give us our news, they told me I was leaving Rockledge and going to Lake Placid again. Turns out they were joking though, I'm actually staying another here! I'm super hyped. 
I guess this is what they do with missionaries going home. Lay them to rest.

Elder Tempest and I have a couple baptisms cooking for this transfer, so I'm really glad I can stay here for them. One of those is Suzie. We found her because she was going to our family history center and one of the members there told us to come meet her. Turns out she is amazing and wants to join the church. We had two lessons with her this week, we taught the restoration and the plan of salvation. We had members come to both the lessons also, which is super helpful. We invited her to our dinner appointment yesterday and that went great as well. She has nothing but good to say about our members and our church. She even said she wanted to join the church, we asked her about baptism and she said she would need to come to one of our services first, which is understandable. She couldn't make it yesterday, but she will next week and then we will set a date for her. Sorry for the long paragraph, but we are just super blessed to be able to teach her. She is amazing. 

We are still teaching the other people I've talked about in the past. Most of them, like KK and Jen, just need to quit smoking. But they're doing well. The Califano kids are also doing great after their baptism. We led a short discussion with the primary kids yesterday about missionary work, and Jacob Califano answered like 5 questions. We were super happy to see him opening up and participating in church. Also, Alyssa Califano got a temple reccomend and went to the temple. So they are doing great. Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update on some people I've spoken about in the past.

I'm finally getting feeling better after being sick all week, so I think this will be a good week. We shall see what lies in store for us. You never know what the week will hold, but there's a good chance it will include a lot of heat.

No comments: