24 August 2019

Hottest Week Yet

Today is exactly 11 months for me. It's honestly been some of the best months ever lately. I look forward to an even better 13 months to come. This week was good. We had some fun activities, some good lessons, and zone conference. I had to do laundry twice this week though, because it seems I'm always having to change and put on dry clothes. Take me back to March! I can't handle too much more heat and rain.

Monday was interesting. We finished p-day as usual and went to dinner. During dinner it started dumping rain, and it never seemed to stop. When we finished we got ready to leave and found out that the road out of the neighborhood was flooded. There was no way of leaving. So we ended up staying until 8:30 when the water was finally low enough for us to drive our van out. I attached a pic of the flooded road.

Tuesday was also a fun day. We got to go into Orlando for zone conference. I love zone conference because you get to see all your friends from past transfers. It's a good time. We found out that we are going to be able to go hear Brad Wilcox speak to us in September. Yay!

I also woke up that morning to a surprise. We were heading out to zone conference and when we walked out the door we saw a note. It said my name on it, which was strange. It also had a package attached to it. Turns out it was from my uncle Matt who has come through on his way to Miami. He had left me a note and some amazing beef jerky. You're awesome Matt!

Later on in the week, on Friday, we had a missionary game night. We and the Merritt Island missionaries invited all our investigators and some inactive members to a board game night. We had a great turnout and had a blast together. I learned how to play Scattergories and another really strategic but simple game called Tsuro I think. They were really fun. 

Other than that we spent most of our week knocking on people's doors. That's actually something I have come to enjoy. It feels great to be able to find something about a person that they need or are searching for and be able to share truths with them that have been restored to help them through their trials. 

We had a cool experience with one guy this week. He was going through a tough time and had some hard challenges thrown at him. I was able to share Helaman 5:12 with him right there and show him how if he makes Jesus his rock, those trials won't be able to drag him down. He actually started to cry and he told us how much he needed it. The spirit and the Book of Mormon together work miracles. 

I know without a doubt that the Book of Mormon is true. Something so good and something that blesses so many people's lives can only be from God. "No wicked man could write such a book as this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were commanded of God to do so." The Book of Mormon is the tool used to gather Israel. I invite you all to read it and share it. It's as simple as that. 

Well I've almost survived the summer here. Hopefully this week will be cooler. We should be pretty busy this week. We are preparing Howard for his baptism in 2 weeks. We also are going to see if we can help some of our long-time investigators progress. Anyway, though, I love hearing from each of you. If any of you have had some cool experiences or just want to say hi, shoot me an email:) Have a great week!

One of the coolest members ever here is from Philly. He has been telling us for weeks how amazing his Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches are. We got to try them yesterday, and he was not lying. That was one of the best dinners ever.

No comments: