12 May 2019

Temple run

I went for my first run in a few weeks. I had to have a minor surgery on my foot to remove part of my toenail, and I haven't dared run as it continues to heal. But yesterday I went and it ended up being part run, part hike.

President Nelson announced a new temple in the Tooele valley and the rumor is it is being fast-tracked due to the Salt Lake Temple being closed for renovations for four years. Everyone like to speculate about where the temple might be and hope that it is in their backyard. I'm no different. As I've driven from Tooele to home, I've noticed this bluff where it would be visible from all over. As I was chatting with my foot doctor whose office faces this bluff, he made the same observation. So that's where I headed on my run.

You can see Tooele and Erda.

You can see Grantsville.

You can see Lake Point and I-80.

Stansbury is a little hidden at the base of this bluff, but you'd be able to see it from my neighborhood.

The location reminds me so much of the Manti temple which is up on a hill and seen from all over. Wherever the temple ends up will be fabulous. Nate and Ash have been going every Friday morning for many months to do baptisms, and with school out of the way, I'm going to up my attendance.

What a blessing it is going to be to have a temple so close.

No comments: