13 March 2019

Spring???

This has been the never-ending winter. On Friday it snowed, but cleared long enough to make my birthday a beautiful day. And then we woke up to more snow on Sunday and it's been snowing all day today :(

But . . . 

The days are getting longer.
We now have more daylight in the evening.
Spring break is almost here.
The snow doesn't stay around for long.
I have bulbs popping through.
I got to clean a lot of my house yesterday for my birthday.
There are good, thoughtful people surrounding me and my family. For instance, I was thrown a surprise party by my "class" or actually Kori Bunderson who went to school with me and now works with me and shares my same birthday.


Life is good.

I took Nate to get fitted for a tux for prom and he treated me to dinner for my birthday. Kid dates are the best!! Especially when they are paying.

Basketball has come to an end and tennis started this week.


Nate played his first tennis match against Grantsville, a tough rival team. He was down 3-4 in the third set and came back to win. It was sure fun to watch him play. I missed watching both my boys play at the same time. When Erik gets home, he's going to have some tough competition.

Nate and his Lake Point ward team also played a tough championship basketball game against Big Canyon to the finish and pulled it off by two points. It was too intense for me to think about documenting it at all.

But who really won?

The week before our wards were realigned so some of our players technically were in the other ward. Hmmmm . . .

We are now part of the Adobe Rock Ward and get to meet at 12pm. I hate late church but on the bright side we only have to go at the 12pm time for 10 months.


It also means splitting groups. Alex hasn't had scouts for a few weeks as our new ward gets situated.

One week there was no competition except the old men who showed to cheer on the young fellas. I guess they got recruited to play.

For my birthday I saw a chair just like my great-grandma Ma used to have in her kitchen and knew I wanted it. I love it! It brings back such memories and will probably end up in my classroom at some point.

Tyler also got supplies to complete a project we've been wanting to accomplish for a few years. Grapes! We've got the poles and wire. Now if the weather would just cooperate.


In school I feel like I've been a runaway freight train as we move from one project to another. There was Chinese New Year, 100 Days of School, Valentines, and Mardi Gras. I've had lots to think about and plan IN ADDITION to my regular school stuff.




Spring break can't come soon enough.

No comments: