06 June 2017

E.T.

I guess that title could stand for Erik Tyler. But not today.

Alex has watched this movie at least four times this week. I'm not even sure where he came across it.

That was a huge movie when I was his age. As a second grader, the local library held a contest for anyone who wanted to draw E.T. I am no artist by today's standards, but I must have fooled them 34 years ago because I was one of three winners.

I remember that day just like it was yesterday getting all dressed up to go down to the library to have my picture taken for the paper, and I had to have it taken with a 6th grader!!! He was so old!!! Seriously, that's how I felt at the time.


But, hey, I won three -- not two, not one -- THREE free copies from the library. Now, what second grader is going to need copies? A free book would have been nice. Or a movie pass. I can think of a whole lot more cooler stuff than free copies. Jealous, aren't ya :)


These are the days of . . . 
* swim lessons

* tennis (it's turning in to a year-round sport at our house)

* taking care of the neighborhood while everyone is vacationing in exotic places

* AND taking care of the neighborhood means some mishaps -- Nate mowed over a sprinkler head which was too far out of the ground which entailed a trip to Home Depot, praying they had the right head and a few hours of replacing and making sure it worked. Nate graciously paid up for the part and for our time and gas. At first I was inclined to just give it back and say it was just a mistake that hopefully he learned from. But Tyler reminded me about Kiersten's little accident with the truck and how we had her pay half. So we decided to do the same with Nate. We'd rather they learn these mistakes with little incidents rather than the big, major ones.

No comments: