26 February 2017

Basketball

Church ball has come to an end . . . and I am sad. I love watching my boys play together. Their time spent practicing together really pays off. Nate's code name is Stealing Arms and he lives up to it. He's great at reading the pass and getting the ball. Erik had some good passes and shots and both did well at the foul line. They went undefeated this year but had to pass up a chance at region since half the team would be a tennis tournament in St. George.



Young women church ball. Well, that's a whole 'nother animal. There is simply no comparison and it's quite frustrating to watch. I love coaching from the sidelines with their coach Jamie from Big Canyon. We have dubbed ourselves Big Lake, a combination of the two wards names. For one of Mel's personal progress projects, she needed to come to all our basketball games and play in each one for a minute. In our last game, Kiersten gave her the ball and cleared the area, allowing her to shoot. I was so thankful to that other team who allowed her that moment.


I've spent the last two weeks subbing English classes at the high school. One week for one teacher and another for a teacher I sub for frequently. One of these teachers gifted me with a gift card, something I've never had happen. I guess I can consider it a bonus. Truthfully, I love substitute teaching.
 
These are the days of . . . 
* funny thoughts. Tyler told Alex he was a good learner. Alex gave him a curious look and replied, "I am a good murderer?"

*ACT prep. Erik is scheduled for another test on Tuesday.

*possible moves. Tyler had a really good job opportunity come up . . . in Seattle . . . that looked really promising. Enough that we had started looking at areas to live and homes. But news came back that he would not be continuing on in the interview process. He was one of five. At least they had the courtesy to let him know which is more than any other company so far.

No comments: