31 July 2016

Divine signatures

This past week my boys were at scout camp fishing


and hiking




and earning their man cards and canoeing and rock climbing.

And meantime a young mom I visit teach was husbandless during those 4 days. Home alone with 4 young kids and I figured she would need a little reprieve. I offered to take her to lunch one day and she immediately latched on to that idea. My cute girls stayed home to babysit and we set out for a few hours. She and her husband had talked before he left about how she would get through the next couple of days and she told him how nice it would be if someone in the ward called and took her to lunch and gave her a couple of hours. She eyed me with suspicion as she asked whether I had talked to her husband before he left.

So many times we never know when we are about the Lord's work, but we just heed those promptings and feelings and go and do. Well, this week I got to actually hear the other side. That is such a confidence builder for me to know I was who someone needed at the moment.

Girls camp has come and gone.

It is such a indescribable experience. How can I explain the feelings and emotions that overcame me at our first flag raising ceremony when we got to the part of "one nation under God" in the pledge recitation. Or the incredible increase in love I get for all those girls. It's an experience I treasure every year as I get to step away from the worldly concerns and really focus on God's great eternal plan for all of us. Nature has a way of bringing me closer to my Maker than most things. Well, music too can do that.

My most treasured experience from this camp occurred a few hours after our testimony meeting. One of our Laurels was new to our group, having moved here recently. She has had some questions and quietly disappeared after our testimony campfire concluded. I gathered a few of my Laurels and we went in search of her much like the shepherd going after that one sheep. We found her sitting at a picnic table in the pavilion with her scriptures open and an open dialogue pursued. There were questions and answers and just all around great conversation full of love and the spirit. Several hours later we finally retired for the night. I hope that this girl knows she is loved immensely and that her Father in Heaven is very aware of her and her concerns.


A few weeks later I was reading the latest Ensign and came across an answer that was meant for her.

A prophet of God once offered me counsel that gives me peace. I was worried that the choices of others might make it impossible for our family to be together forever. He said, “You are worrying about the wrong problem. You just live worthy of the celestial kingdom, and the family arrangements will be more wonderful than you can imagine.”

I immediately texted it to her which made her entire day so much better. Again, like with my lunch friend, I love when those little divine signatures pop up in my life letting me know that God is real, that he is very aware of me and those within my circle of influence.

What's happening in my yard




Same thing happened to my tomatoes last year. It's from a lack of calcium and it seems to only occur with my romas. My cherry tomatoes don't seem to have this problem called Blossom End Rot. I bought some stuff to spray on the leaves which I think is just a temporary fix. I wonder if they just need a little extra water. When vegetables are fruiting they need about 1 1/2 inches of water a week. My fruit trees also need a little extra when they are fruiting. I also read about adding egg shells to your soil. Definitely some things to figure out here.

Good things
rich soil
zucchini :)
grandmas

No comments: