07 July 2016

Family Reunion in Island Park

So I just took a look at my drafts folder and look what I found. That was such a fun trip. I absolutely love getting together with my family.

JULY 2016
Well, I'd call our Seamons family reunion a success with all of us minus Reed, Brittney, and Jace.
The cabin was a delight. There was no major drama. And the food was good as it always is when we get together. My personal opinion is that when you break bread with someone, you strengthen that bond and that relationship. It's no wonder family meals together are stressed so much today. 

Now I'm sure anything could pass as a meal, but in my family, food seems to rule. I don't know how or why that is, but we all love some good food and we all pitch in to make it come together. Rarely does my mom do the bulk of the cooking, even when we get together at her home in Ferron.

Reed and Britt brought their kids up early to leave them with Grandma for a few weeks and thus commenced our pre-reunion party. My sisters and I all made a point to be at home when they came, even though we were going to see each other again three days later. But for me, my brother Reed is that important to me. If he was going to make the trip up from Phoenix, then I could certainly make a 3 hour trek southward (don't even ask why they just didn't come to the reunion -- too far they said).

My kids picked up right where they left off with their cousins and that is huge. In a few years it might be different as they get older and less involved with each other. Ash and Cohen enjoyed swapping hats.


I'm not so sure his dad would have approved. And I'm not sure Ash should have been making faces at a buffalo.

There was hot tubbing

and acting like we were at a spa.

There was a trip to Yellowstone






Lunchtime tailgating

and reeling in the big "fish."


Fun nights of card games


and all the grandkids minus one.

No comments: