11 July 2016

7-11

*Our treat for FHE was a trip to the 7-11 to cache in on their free Slurpee for July 11. Oops. Got there a little late and had to actually fork over some cash for our Slurpees.

*I'm off to girls camp tomorrow. This will be my third year and to celebrate I indulged a little and bought me a blow up mattress to sleep on. Last year my envious eyes lusted over Aimee's mattress as my cold, sore body wished I had something similar. I set it up and the kids broke it in for me. Ash thinks she's going to give up her bed for this thing when I get home.

*Josh and Megan and kids have arrived for our Leary Family Reunion and are staying with us for the two weeks they are here. Nate was good enough to give up his room and his space.

*We are six weeks into summer with six weeks left. I feel like I'm going to need a vacation from summer. This one has been a busy one with EFY, tennis camp, TREK, 2 family reunions, girls camp, scout camp, swim lessons.

*I've been reading a little book, almost short enough to be called a booklet, titled, Letters to a Young Mormon. So much of this author's ideas has me wanting to dog-ear so many pages.

"Wanting love and wanting to excel is good. The trouble comes from trying to tie them together. Pursue love and purse excellence -- pursue them with abandon. But you will spoil the joy native to each if you spend your life wanting to be loved because you are great.

Love . . . works only as a gift, never as a reward. It can't be earned or bartered or insured. It is a grace and it is freely given or not given at all. . . . Pursue love by striving to give it rather than posses it."

Good night and see you in a few.


Good things
sunsets

unseasonably cool July days
super glue

No comments: