17 January 2016

Snowballin'

Second dance date for Kiersten and she got to hang with her cousin Scott on this one. How fun. I'm so excited for the day Erik gets to join them in a couple of months.

This Snowball Dance was a girls preference. Kiersten and her friend Cambree swapped dates from homecoming, and Kiersten convinced our neighbor Hannah to join them by asking Scott. And then her friend Rachel needed a group to join. Kiersten always has fun people to hang with and they're always doing crazy things. I am just so grateful that she feels comfortable bringing her friends to our home. I love it and hope they feel comfortable in our home.

No dress shopping was involved with this dance. We had a hand-me-down that's been hanging in her closet for several years, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to reveal itself.

This particular group of girls have been driving for a little over a year. Kiersten's six-month probation was up on Saturday, giving her free legal license to be the chauffeur. No biggie, right? Except this dance was at the University of Utah. Oh my mother heart skipped a beat when that little bit of trivial information was relayed to me. I knew all I could do was just pray and put it in the Lord's hands that they would make it there and back safely. It was only several weeks ago that Kiersten drove to the temple by herself, with no adult supervision. And now she was going to have seven other passengers to be responsible for through downtown Salt Lake. Deep breaths. Deep breaths. And many thanks for cell phones that allowed her to text me when she was leaving so I could count the minutes until they arrived home. No mishaps. Or at least none that they are willing to divulge to me.

The date began with a trip to the DI to find the craziest, wackiest outfit for $10.

Oh, I'm afraid Kiersten and Cameron took first prize on that one. Kiersten even scored a pink bra out of the deal.

Dinner was hosted by Hannah's mom, Kathie, in her dance studio and then off to the dance to return several hours later to our home to finish up with a movie. Those girls had their dates home before they turned back into pumpkins at the stroke of midnight.

I am loving these dating years and we've only just begun.

No comments: