13 August 2015

True Aggie

A tradition for anyone attending Utah State is whether or not you become a True Aggie.

True Aggie?

And just what is an Aggie?

Well, an Aggie is . . . an Aggie. I guess it's short for Agriculture. Ya . . . Agriculture.

First picture taken of me as an official Aggie, not a True Aggie though. This was the first week before school officially started sometime in August of 1994.

Picture of my awesome roommates. I'm not sure if any were True Aggies or not. And I think the bench was moved at some point to its current location while I was attending. In the back is Angela, Crista, Me, Angel. Front is Heidi and Kristy.

Picture of me and Kristy Breinholt, my roomie who I roomed with for a couple of years. She was a runner and I find it ironic that I never caught her bug until many years later.


Anywhooo, I did not become a True Aggie while at college. So a couple of weeks ago when we made the trip to Logan to show off the campus to Kiersten who is thinking about attending

Tyler and I decided to make it official.


Except, the plaque below said:


Full moon. Nope. Midnight. Nope. Homecoming night. Nope.

I'm afraid True Aggiehood has alluded me once again.

* * * * * * * * * * *

During this same outing, we wanted to show the kids our first apartment. We were in the bottom, back basement. Somehow they fit four apartments in that little house.

Except it isn't there anymore. How my heart hurt when I saw the empty lot. The houses on both sides are still there but our first little home is gone.

No comments: