23 August 2015

Blogged down

Ugh! Brain cramp. Writer's block. Whatever it is, I have it.

I've been trying to gather my thoughts together about girls camp which was so long ago, but I can't seem to make my thoughts work out as words on paper. One day that post will come.

Kids will be back to school on Tuesday and I'm hoping to get those juices flowing again with a schedule and routine to my day.

So for today here are a few thoughts I've jotted in a notebook I take with me to church, to firesides, to conferences.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*When God wants to give you a gift, he gives you a problem. The bigger the problem, the bigger the gift.

*We are given this life because we are strong enough to live it.

*There are no spiritual plateaus.

*The Sabbath is not restrictive but protective.

*Seeing is not a shortcut to faith.

*Feelings change thoughts into BELIEFS. Doing changes beliefs into KNOWLEDGE.

*Don't become jaded with the spiritual things in life.

*Satan may know my weaknesses but he does not know my strengths.

*God knows what is best for you. But he wants you to choose what is best for you.

*The temple is a place of intersection between earth and heaven.

*Ordinances are performed when we want to make the covenant valid.

*A testimony is what we know. Conversion is living what we know.

*Promptings come at inconvenient times.

*The commandments reveal to us who God is. They are not rules to keep.


*The next life is not a church. It's not a kingdom. It's a family.

* You have to protect your faith from those who want to change it.

*When we are baptized we have now left neutral ground and have enlisted to serve God.

Good things
faith
Sunday naps
emails from missionary parents

No comments: