29 September 2014

My favorite clump of scriptures at this time in my life

I was issued a Facebook challenge by Kiersten, who reads her scriptures consistently every day, to share my favorite scripture.

She hasn't missed a day since she went to EFY at the beginning of June; she is surely an example to me of what I should be doing more often.

Anyway, choosing a favorite scripture is a hard thing to do. So many speak to me at different times.

The other morning during our family scripture time, we were reading D&C 31. It starts out with "Thomas, my son" but as I have learned to liken all scriptures to me, I inserted my own name "Missy, my daughter, blessed are you because of your faith in my work."As we read the rest of the section, I had a powerful feeling of love and approval come over me as the Lord spoke to me in that section. I received a tender mercy of love that morning. I know God lives and loves me as my own earthly father loves me.

The world may say there is no God, but I say otherwise. I cannot deny the miracles, the blessings that have come into my life because of a loving, kind Father in Heaven who showers me with tender mercies every day. I know he understands me intimately. I know he wants nothing more than for me to be HAPPY. And you know what? I am so happy with my life.

There is no greater feeling of joy than knowing your life is pleasing to your earthly parents as well as your heavenly parents.

Life is good!


No comments: