17 September 2014

Bryce Canyon

Since my first half marathon of the summer took us to Bryce, we decided to make it a family vacation.

I was pretty sure it was going to be hot since we would be there the middle of July. Nope. I guess at about 7000-9000 feet it's still relatively cool.

Bryce is B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L! God created one of his stunning masterpieces when he carved out this part of the earth. I absolutely loved the green trees contrasted with the red rock. There is simply nothing quite like it.

We hiked






and hiked to monster faces


and to a waterfall

and played in the stream.

It was even better if you laid down in it.


Our cousins tagged along with us,


we ate lunch on a bench-turned-into-table,

and found very old bristle cone pine trees. Tyler was in love.

I attempted my first selfie

and I think we pretty much wiped everyone out. Well, except maybe Nate.

No comments: