25 April 2013

Pride and Prejudice

Well, I finally finished Pride and Prejudice some 10 years later than when I started.

That book was a monumental undertaking. I swear I started over at least 5 times and let it sit on my nightstand for years and years. Kind of felt like the Book of Mormon -- you know the getting so far and then starting over again.

I had such a hard time with the language and understanding what they were saying. I'm wondering if watching Downton Abbey this winter helped. At least it seemed after watching an episode and then picking up the book, the book seemed more understandable.

Once I got about half way through then I breezed through the rest. It actually got more interesting and I found myself wanting to know what was going to happen.

I promised myself that I had to read the book first before I watched the movie.

Bring on the movie!

And I'm so glad to get that book off my nightstand and back on the bookshelf.

3 comments:

Ambs said...

Enjoy the movie! Hope your watching the old Masterpiece ones at least... they are the BEST! Wish I could come watch them with you! :)

Missy said...

Yep! Watched the one with Colin Firth and actually enjoyed it. I liked having read the book so I knew what was happening. Got any more suggestions for me?

Ambs said...

Book suggestions, no. But Masterpiece suggestions... oh BOY do I ever! ;) At the top of my list would be "North and South". I can go on and list all my favorites if you'd like?