14 July 2011

Lego Club

Erik has been busy this summer with his involvement in the First Lego League. Last May he was given the opportunity to TRY OUT for this club. I didn't really know what to expect. Out of 30 who were tested, only 10 could make the team. Erik, along with his cousin Scott, was selected.

Every Wednesday and Thursday for an hour and a half he gets together with his team members to get ready for their competition in January. They will be given a problem to solve based on a real-world scientific topic sometime in September using computer programmed Lego robots. Again, I'm not really sure what he is doing exactly and think I'll have to step in one day just to see what they're up to. But in the meantime I've been able to get a little glimpse through their team website.

He has loved it, and I'm happy it's given him something to do this summer.

No comments: