22 July 2011

Girl's camp

Kiersten was gone for four days to girl's camp this week. While we were at the pool tonight, I had her sit by me and fill me in on all the details . . . who she rode up with, did it rain, who slept in her tent, did she have any cooking assignments, did she go snipe hunting, how long was the hike, what was her skit about, did she learn any new camp songs (sadly, she didn't learn very many new ones and none that I remember as a girl), who her secret sister was, did she attend some classes, what crafts did she do, how was testimony meeting. After chatting for awhile I admit I was a little jealous and wish I could be up there with her. I hate missing out on first-time experiences and am so glad she took her camera which allowed me a few glimpses into her life this past week.

She came home this morning to brickers putting up our half wall, some guy tilling in all the compost in our yard, and the concrete people epoxying the garage floor. Lots of stuff happened this week, but most of all I wanted Kiersten to know she was greatly missed . . . even if Alex didn't really want anything to do with his "second" mom for most of the day.

And I was a tad bit excited to try out my newly-hung chalkboard that uses markers instead of chalk.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we escaped to Gateway for an evening of playing on the splash pad.

No comments: