24 May 2011

Something I had to relearn about the atonement

I don't know who was more inspired this week when it came to the sacrament meeting talks, the bishop or the speaker, Sister Cook. But I do know I was meant to hear it. I was meant to learn more about the healing power of forgiveness through the atonement.

I had been wronged the week before and let it fester all week as I waited for an apology, even to the point of saying it would take a long, long time for me to get over it.

Well, that was wrong of me. I have been commanded to forgive all men and that means not holding on to the hurt anymore, because isn't that what the atonement is all about.

And the moment I decided to do just that, I felt so much lighter.

The atonement works! It really does if we just let it.

By the way, Elder Bednar gave a great address on this very subject titled In the Strength of the Lord.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Miss,
You're always such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing! I love you!