27 December 2008

A Disney Christmas

So the big morning arrived and I was very excited to share our trip with the kids. As they came down the stairs they giggled with excitement, Ash especially, as they scrutinized the BIG, HUGE present in the middle of the floor.

They unwrapped.
And unwrapped.

And unwrapped some more.


Only to find they had a puzzle to put together.

I finally had to give them some hints to look at all the wrapping paper (mickey mouse and princesses) and the puzzle they've been putting together all month. Oh, then the light came on . . . but only to try and figure out how to make the letters spell MICKEY MOUSE. Can I just say clueless. Kiersten eventually figured out DISNEY but couldn't quite figure the NDAL. Nate finally said, "Disneyland." And then they all looked rather confused. We explained we were going to Disneyland in three weeks only to have Erik say, "Are we going to miss school?"

The big box contained three items: the letters spelling out Disneyland, a countdown calendar to hang on the fridge, and Disney t-shirts (which were wrapped in yet another box).

I had such an enjoyable time shopping this Christmas, wanting to find Disney-related presents. I was very excited when I even found wrapping paper. My Disney finds were t-shirts, water bottles, treat sacks for their Christmas stockings, bouncy balls, drinking cups for the kitchen, Mickey dolls, Disney dollars to spend, Mickey jammies for Kiersten who desperately needed new ones, and princess jammies for Ash who desperately did not need new ones (but they were princess ones and went so well with my themed Christmas buying and she LOVES everything princess right now and they were such a good deal . . . I'm sure if Ty were with me when I bought them he would have talked me out of them, but since he wasn't I got to make the final decision and they came home with me.).

The excitement is mounting with each passing day. I think the realization is finally setting in especially after I took some time to sit down with them at the computer and look at pictures of Disneyland and Sea World (I guess I should mention we are also going to San Diego).

DISNEYLAND, HERE WE COME

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have been waiting to find out how it went. What a fun surprise.