05 October 2008

I'm grateful for . . .

1. POWER. This morning we woke up to no power and dined on cereal by candlelight. I decided I would make rolls and let the dough rise while the power thought about coming back on. Then I realized I needed to melt the margarine, so I had to improvise a little. Regardless of the inconveniences it makes me realize how fortunate I am to have power and how I take for granted that my lights will always come on and my fridge will always be cold and my microwave will always work.

2. The excitement that exudes from my kids every time we help clean the church, which we did last Saturday. Every three months when the announcement comes that it's our ward's turn to help clean the building, they make me promise to sign up and I always do. Maybe it's not so much the pleasure of helping clean our ward house as the Pop-Tarts they get to eat for breakfast. :)

3. General Conference. I LOVE hearing what prophets and apostles have to say. I LOVE making my own personal commitments to try a little harder over the next 6 months. The talks that spoke to me were from Elder Neil Andersen on faith (Faith is not merely a feeling; It is a CHOICE), Elder David Bednar on meaningful prayer, Elder Jeffrey Holland on angels sustaining us through hard times, and President Thomas Monson on living and loving life now (especially as I think that Kiersten is halfway to leaving home).

4. Internet shopping. Isn't is wonderful to have packages come to your door? And I didn't even have to leave my house.

No comments: