19 October 2008

5 miles and counting

The family and I went home to Ferron this weekend. While I was there I went running which is what I normally do when I'm down there simply because mom and dad's house is perfectly situated for great country running. I typically trek past the 1 mile mark, turn around and head back home. This time I got to the stop sign and was feeling so great I kept going. And once you get around that bend and down by the 3 mile mark you might as well keep running because it is the only way home. I even told myself I would walk as I headed up 800 West which is a steady climb all the way. But I didn't. I often talk to myself anyway, but on that hill I kept telling myself I could do it. And I did. I ran the entire 5 miles. It felt great to know that I could complete the Peach Days 10K run my sisters and I are going to compete in next year. Running is definitely more mental than physical.

Side Note: My brother-in-law showed me a great site for tracking your runs. I used to get in my van and map it out that way. I want to know how far I run. Anyway, he showed me http://www.gmap-pedometer.com where you zoom in, find your route, double click along the way, and it will tell you how far you've run. I loved it and can't wait to try it here at home.

2 comments:

Angie said...

So how far is it exactly around the loop?

Missy said...

4.8 miles