03 April 2008

The Five Love Languages

Words of Affirmation
Quality Time
Gifts
Acts of Service
Physical Touch

What love language do you speak? A great book for every couple. At the back of the book is a quiz you can take to discover your love language. My dominate love language is acts of service (receiving the highest score possible of 12). It's very true . . . if you want to love me, show it. My second highest was quality time followed by words of affirmation, gifts, and lastly physical touch (receiving the lowest score possible of 0).

Several years ago Ty and I took a similar quiz offered by Dr. John Lund with the categories of Touch-Oriented, Verbal-Oriented, and Visual-Oriented. Out of a possible 27, I scored a 23 in visual-oriented (touch came in dead last again).

Not only does it help you find out how you'd like to receive love, but it was a great book in learning about your spouse's love language. I've even been trying to figure out my children's love language. I think Nate is definitely Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch. He is always telling me how much he loves me and giving me hugs. Erik, I think, enjoys Quality Time. Still haven't figured out Kiersten and Ash yet, although I did put a hold on the book The Five Love Languages of Children to help me out.

If you don't want to read the book, below are some links to basically the same quizzes.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Interesting. I'm going to take this quiz to find out what I am. I bet I'll be like you when it comes to the physical touch