07 March 2021

My First Blessing

It got really cold this last week, we even hit negatives, but I hear there's crazy storms hitting the whole country. It sounds like Texas got destroyed, but we don't get a lot of news, so keep the whole state in your prayers I guess. I've started teaching piano out here as service, which has been awesome. It's been fun to do that again, but I have to see if it'll last because we have transfers this week.

On Saturday, our district had three baptisms, which was our goal for the transfer so that was awesome. The sisters taught a kid named Rovan who was one of the three, and I got to confirm him on Sunday in Sacrament meeting,  which was a really cool experience.

I also gave my first blessing on Saturday to a couple who have been staying at the children's hospital. They were so nice, and it's hard to see them go through a hard situation like this, but I know they'll be ok. I know the power and authority of the Priesthood are real. I know the Holy Ghost guides what we say when we are worthy. I'd challenge you to all read a talk called Ask in Faith by Elder Bednar, it really shows us what we need to do to receive answers to our prayers. I love you all!

Elder Leary 

No comments: