26 October 2020

Transfer/Exchange/Fishies

Hey guys!!

A lot happened this week: I had my first exchange, we had transfers, we had some cool service opportunities, and my family got to visit!

On Tuesday I had my first exchange with my district leader, Elder Borla. It was a lot of fun, he's a really funny guy, and we got a lot done. We contacted some people about service, had four member lessons, went shopping for some things for district council, and he gave me some good advice.



On Thursday we had our first transfer, but only a few sisters changed, and we got a new zone leader. Our districts got rearranged, but just about everyone stayed in our zone. The new zone leader has really been cracking down on some things, and we could be more efficient with our work, but I feel like some of the rules they're making don't matter, and it's driving missionaries away from wanting to obey them on the one's that should matter. We'll see how it all plays out here over the next week.



We also got to go to Barr Lake on Thursday to do some service, and they had us pulling out carp since they ruin the ecosystem. We got waders on and pulled out these giant fish and chucked them in the back of a truck for a couple hours, which was so much fun. We also planted about 50 trees on Friday at a cemetery to replace one's lost from arson, and we helped out with a food drive on Saturday and then went and moved some dirt for someone in our ward. We were really struggling to find service the last couple weeks before this so it was super fun to get out and help people.



Lastly, my family came to Denver for UEA this week, and they got permission from my mission President to see me! We got to go to Ihop and hang out for a while. It was a weird feeling to have said goodbye for two years and then to see them just three and a half weeks later, but I'm so glad I got to see them.

I just want to close with my testimony; I know that Christ lives, that he suffered and died for us. I know, without a doubt, that Joseph Smith was called of God to restore His church. I know this because of the study I've been able to do in the Book of Mormon. No man could have written what is in there; it is the product of centuries of prophets' accounts of their knowledge of the Savior and their efforts to bring others to Him. I say that in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you guys, and hope you had a great week! Let me know how your lives are going!

Elder Leary 


 

No comments: