11 October 2020

Week Numero Dos

Hey guys! This week honestly flew by faster than any week ever has. I'm worried I'll wake up tomorrow and have a month left, but I guess that's the way it goes. I am still not teaching anyone, but we've gotten a lot done.

In chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel (PMG), it says (paraphrasing here) that missionary work is most efficient and effective when people are found through members who are friends or usually become that way. Our goal as a mission is to become the best member mission in the world, so we've done a lot to get going on that. We've set up weekly 10-15 minute lessons with many of the members, and eventually we'll ask them to invite a friend to join in on these or share with them what they learned.

We spend a lot of time at our apartment planning, doing those lessons, and working to reach out through Facebook, so we decided to give out free snow cones at a park on Friday to meet people. We invited the ward, and got to know some of them, and got to talk to one man named Sahim who had a lot of questions. We aren't teaching anyone currently, since we're both new to the area and trying to set up a lot of new things, but Sahim asked for our number so we're hoping he reaches out to us soon.

We had a greenie conference on Friday during the day, and that was a lot of fun. President Blake talked about the importance of good goal setting, and there was one quote mentioned that I loved which goes, "You can serve without loving but you can't love without serving." We also had general conference which was absolutely fantastic, with a lot of focus on preparation, being good citizens, and changing our nature to be like Christ. Elder Holland made me rethink how much effort I should be giving, and I'm still not sure what continents the first two temples announced are being built on, but it was all in all amazing. We're so blessed to have a prophet on the earth today. My favorite quote was, if I wrote it down right, "I too suggest that life cannot be faith-filled and stress-free." I believe it was Elder Holland quoting Neil A. Maxwell.

I hope you all had a fantastic week, let me know if I can pray for anything for you guys! I love you all,
Elder Leary

No comments: