03 December 2019

Samuel Leary?

Transfer calls were this week. We are both staying another in Sanford, making this my third transfer with Elder DeMoux.

This week was a good week. We had a lesson with a guy named John and will probably set a baptismal date with him tomorrow. We also had a great Thanksgiving and I got to go on exchanges with Elder Harris this week. You also may be asking yourself why my name is Samuel Leary now. The answer is I have no clue and I can't fix it.

So, John. John is pretty cool. He met with missionaries five years ago and had like one lesson, then they stopped teaching him. We decided to stop by and see if he still lived there and if he wanted to meet again. He said he remembered the missionaries and wanted to meet again, he also loves the Book of Mormon. We went by for our return appointment and he said he was busy and to try again the next week. This is super common and usually it means they aren't interested. Anyway, we try by the next week and he is there and tells us to come in and share the word with him.

We ended up teaching the entire restoration lesson to him right then. He agreed with all of it and said the reason he was nondenominational was because he sees bits of truth in all religion, but he has always been searching for the fulness. We told him that God has given us a way to test if this is the truth through the Book of Mormon. He has when he comes to know it is true he would love to be baptized. He already pretty much knows it is true though. So we finna give him a baptismal date this week.

On Thanksgiving we got to go to a turkey bowl with the whole stake. There were 11 missionaries and about 30 other guys from the wards. It was so much fun. We also had an amazing dinner, naturally, and I got to call home. It was a really good Thanksgiving considering I wasn't with my family.

I also got to go on a really fun exchange on Saturday. Elder Harris is just finishing his training. It is fun being with new missionaries and helping them learn new ways to do missionary work and talking about things that have changed since I left home.

That's about it for my week. We have been sharing the new christ child video with everyone from the ward, and it is amazing. I encourage all of you to watch it, share it, and sign up to do Light The World. Light The World makes it super easy to do missionary work. They provide a lot of simple, natural ways to share part of the gospel with others. Also, when you get another email from me on Friday, don't think that I'm being disobedient. Our P-day for next week has been pushed forward to this Friday. 

No comments: