23 September 2018

Some other happenings

Wedding and mission and school has seemed to consume a good portion of my life this year. BUT . . . there are other things happening in our family.

Nate finally got his license. It took some finagling to get his driving time in but he was persistent.

Ash got some braces but not before having to be fitted for a mara. I'm not even sure if that's how that is spelled. It's device that is stretching out her mouth. Apparently, her teeth on one side don't line up.

Nate is going on his first date to a "fake" homecoming. Since his Boise cross country trip was over homecoming, the cross country kids are holding their own in a few weeks.

I've been in the throes of drying peaches and finally succumbed to the amount that are left behind. I simply didn't have the time to get to all of them. I was plenty happy to get 15 bottles, the same amount as last year.

Ash has been my Betty Crocker, making meals and fixing dinner. She also inherited some lice from Beehive Camp. That was a fun experience trying to get rid of them. Not! Her long, THICK hair made it so tedious to comb through.


I finished up my first parent teacher conference and have to say I actually enjoyed it. I loved meeting my students' families and praising them in front of mom and dad.

Tyler got a promotion at work. It's not quite official, but he's expecting to know for certain this week.

Kiersten and Jason are moving into Grandma and Grandpa Ellis's basement which will be a huge financial blessing for them.
Ash has been a busy sewer, finishing up a personal project making cute personal progress holders for all the new beehives coming in. When she broached the subject of sewing these for a project, it was during a time where I simply couldn't add another thing. Grandma Jules was so helpful to have her come to her house and get her started.
 
The fire season hit our little community last weekend.

Due to a massive fire and terrible air quality in Utah County, Nate's cross country race last Saturday was moved to Logan. Alex and Ash and I made the trek where we met up with Grandma and Grandpa

who also happened to be in Logan. And then we had to make a quick visit to see the puppies at Natalie's.


Before Erik left we did one last family activity to Lagoon. Turns out Labor Day was a pretty good day to go. I don't do crazy rides so my kids were super excited to get me on The Rocket.


And Elder Leary . . . Ahhh, I can't wait for Tuesday. I sent my first official mom email today. He left me with quite a mess to conquer in his room. But we miss him.


This last picture of him walking away without looking back made me tear up again. Dropping Kiersten off at college was hard, but I knew I could call her or text her and I'd see her sometime in the near future.


This is different and harder than I thought it would be.

No comments: