12 February 2018

Spelling words

Take a look at the type of words Alex keeps bringing home. There are a few that I kept mispronouncing as I was helping him study. This is definitely expanding my vocabulary . . . or voc-u-bowl-ary as Kiersten once called it.

One week there was the word pugnacious. He and I looked it up and had a good laugh when it said, "quick to argue" which so describes his two older brothers. Alex had an assignment from me to use it when they came home from tennis.

Erik and Nate always walk through the door arguing about something tennis related. I'm surprised they keep wanting to play together. He reported to me that he fulfilled the assignment except they didn't come home arguing and just gave him a funny look when he used his funny word.

And on something totally unrelated . . . I had the opportunity to bear my testimony at stake conference yesterday. I usually don't have a problem speaking in public, but when I got up and looked at the crowd that filled the entire stake center, not including the live stream to the Lake Point chapel, I got a little bit nervous. But after giving a talk and bearing my testimony in the last 6 years at stake conference I think I'm good for awhile. It also meant I had to go to the stake center. It was a weird feeling sitting all by myself. I know that day is coming but I wasn't quite ready to experience it yet.

1 comment:

laura said...

I wish I could have been there to hear you bear your testimony.