10 January 2018

My new juggling act

It's official. My title now says wife, mom, taxi driver, piano teacher, cook, laundress, paraeduactor, maid, bill payer, and now student.

I'm on my way to getting my teaching license and completing a masters degree.

I won't lie. I'm a bit nervous.

Not about the schooling. I love to learn and read and research.

Just about juggling it all, being able to keep up. Twenty years ago was a piece of cake (not that I thought so then).

My plan was to go back after a few more kids left our cozy little nest. But God seems to have other plans.

After our job loss a year ago, I  knew this was what I needed to do, to take advantage of all the education afforded me. It's taken awhile to get to this point . . . passing my Praxis exam, getting a job that would qualify me for getting a license, applying to Weber and jumping through all their paperwork hoops, paying some fees . . . and then waiting. Waiting can be so hard.

After learning that classes were most likely going to be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, I was deeply troubled that I wouldn't be able to support my boys in their after-school endeavors like basketball and tennis. Only a week ago I learned that my classes would be Wednesday and Thursday instead, allowing me to go to most of the boys tennis matches. I also learned that their basketball games were being held Saturday mornings instead of the traditional Thursday nights.

Can I just say what a tender mercy? Heavenly Father knew my great desires and he orchestrated a way to make things happen.

And then just tonight after my first class, the professor let us know that these two classes would be more online. We will only be meeting four times in person over the next twelve weeks and doing most of our exchanges over Canvas.

I'm beginning to think this might be manageable.

1 comment:

laura said...

If you need a stand-in for anything, Grandpa and I are willing if able.