17 January 2018

A day in the life of me

Okay yesterday might have been a little abnormal, but it might become the new normal.

5:30am -- Alarm goes

5:40am -- Finally get out of bed and go put laundry from washer into the dryer and a new load in the washer. We may have been forced to get a new washer last year but I have to admit this one is a time saver just in the fact that it has a delay feature. Monday night I put a load in and have it finish washing just in time for me to get up and put it in the dryer.


6:45am -- Get ready for the day and fold a batch of laundry while we listen to our scriptures on this particular morning. (Most mornings we sit outside Erik's bedroom and read them to him.)

7:00am -- Breakfast and clean up kitchen.

7:20am -- We are all out the door to work and school.

2:45pm -- Off work and stopped at the store for a great deal on chicken.

3:00pm -- Home and folded a batch of laundry and put another load in before making Chicken Enchiladas for dinner.

4:00pm -- Two piano lessons because Monday was a holiday.

5:00pm -- Finish up dinner while kids fold a batch of laundry. In goes another batch. Can you tell Tuesdays are my laundry day? Ate dinner and cleaned up the kitchen.

6:00pm -- Bottle some chicken and put it in the pressure cooker. I always forget that it takes time to build pressure and cool down.

7:00pm -- While chicken is bottling, I do piano lessons for Ash and Alex.

7:30pm -- Fold another batch of clothes.

8:00pm -- Chicken is almost done. While I wait for it, I do some homework but decide I'm too tired to try writing anything sensible. That will have to wait until tomorrow. Tyler also folded the towels. I helped Alex with some spelling.

8:30pm -- Took the chicken out and loved hearing the pops. Such a relief when it works.

9:00pm -- Watched a few videos I needed to for school.

10:00pm -- Read my scriptures and fell into bed exhausted.

I will report that today hasn't been like yesterday. I actually came home and did some piano lessons but got right to work writing while I was fresh and my mind was not mush.

1 comment:

laura said...

You don't have a minute to waste in your day. You are efficient.