12 March 2017

Answer to a prayer

"It was meant that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal. . . . if you have a good, miserable day once in awhile, or several in a row, to stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is great purpose in our struggle in life." --Boyd K. Packer
This last week.

Yeah, this last week.

Let's just say I'm glad it's behind me.

It should have been a good week.

I could have made it a good week.

For cryin' out loud, it was birthday week (and that's just what I did on my birthday . . . cried to my mom for an hour).

Doors for the job search seemed to shut one after the other.

Our check to pay off a 401(k) loan was lost in Kentucky for a week and a half due to bad weather and never made it on time. Thankfully they have worked with us so we won't be charged an outrageous penalty.

My washer broke. Thankfully I was almost done with laundry and only had to take two loads to the laundromat. But my goodness gracious . . . $5 to wash two loads. Hoping the repair man shows up tomorrow. The dirty clothes are oozing out of their baskets.

I lost the keys in our ward building and could feel the stress mounting. During my nightly prayers I asked Heavenly Father to please help me know where they might be. IMMEDIATELY the thought came to check where we always hang our car keys. Did I straightaway go check? No, I was nervous and waited until morning . . . and there they were, just like He said.

I know I have the power to make my days into any kind day I want it to be.

These are the days of . . . 
*"Trainings." Alex and his friends at school are in training for something. I thought at first it might be American Ninja Warrior, an ultimate obstacle course on tv. But after talking with another mom, it might be more Nacho Libre kicks and punches. We've talked about not doing this to other kids.

*Getting pulled over. Erik drifted through a stop sign on his way to work and was immediately pulled over. Thankfully he had his license on him and the cop just gave him a warning. I hope it scared the crap out of him that he'll be a little more cautious. I've told him that he cannot afford to get a ticket at his age. Not only will he have to pay the ticket but the rise in his insurance also.


*Kiersten getting her chance at concert mistress. She got to walk on stage with her teacher, the conductor, warm the orchestra up, and sit in first chair. Her friend Brianna usually has this spot, but Brianna didn't know the music. Kiersten was euphoric the night of her concert about this little turn of events.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Missy, I am so inspired by you.