08 June 2015

Elevate learning

Last week at seminary graduation (although they don't call it that anymore because they honor all students who have completed the requirements for the year . . . it's more like seminary recognition) Brother Douglas made the comment that this past year was the first year that changes were made essentially raising the bar for the seminary students. It was to elevate learning. Wowzers, I love that phrase.

Elevate learning.

Shouldn't we all strive to consistently elevate our learning.

Every summer for the past couple I've had my kids set summer goals to accomplish. One of Ashlyn's is to start learning the violin. Nate and Kiersten are rubbing off. Nate wants to run 250 miles and Kiersten wants to double that to 500 miles. They both have been running every morning and evening for the past couple of weeks. That will be quite an accomplishment if they do it which of course they will :) Erik has a goal of finishing his eagle project. That would also be quite an accomplishment.

If my kids are being held accountable for their summer, so shall I.

I'm going to follow Kiersten's example of never missing a day of scripture reading. That's right. Did I tell you she hasn't missed a day in over a year since attending EFY last June.

I really want to learn to play the guitar and I've gone a little soft in the middle and want to do more sit ups.

Have a look at my nightstand?

Do you see a problem?

I don't think "elevate learning" means to have an Everest-high stack of books on your nightstand. Seriously, I am in the middle of most of the them and would love to have half that amount sitting there. My Goodreads feed just might blow up if I conquered that goal.

No comments: