16 November 2014

Super-dee-duper-dee Busy

I think I can actually take a breather, starting in about 2 hours, after choir practice.

Life has just been slightly chaotic these past couple of weeks. Nobody told me how time consuming this calling can be. :)

Two weeks ago was our Young Women in Excellence program. I've got a good bunch of ladies who help make things come together.


Volleyball ended with us making it to region and spending an entire Saturday morning playing. Unfortunately our ward does not have enough girls who actually like to play so we are combined with several wards: Lake Point, Captains Island, Bayshore, and Mill Pond. Our fearless team captain Meredith and crew came up with a team chant on the way home one night that involved all the wards names: Legendary People Create Inconceivable Breaded Mushrooms.


And then last week was a local tradition called The Over 60s Dinner where the youth of our ward feed the people of Lake Point who are over 60. Flyers had to be delivered, a menu created, food prepared, a program to put on, and clean up afterwards.



Oh and I also volunteered to fill in and play the organ today on a farewell Sunday. It's only been twenty years and I didn't do so hot. I began playing and quickly realized I needed more sound. So I fumbled with the pedals and pretty much massacred the beginning of the opening hymn until I got the sound right. Only then was the sacrament hymn too loud and I quit playing all together as I fumbled through that. I made a decision not to touch the pedals on the last song. I didn't care if it was too loud or too quiet.

And did I mention it's been a crazy couple of weeks of subbing. Sickness has hit teachers and subs and because of the shortage, everyone who can work has been needed.

We were also down one vehicle as our van sat in the shop getting some repair work done.

Erik had basketball tryouts for the high school freshman team. Sadly he did not make it. He didn't even make the first cut, so he's been pretty bummed about that this week.

Can't wait to see what this week will be bring.

No comments: