11 May 2014

Mother's Day

Nate compared me to a weed eater. That's right the weed eater reminds him of his mother. He likes to say it reminds him of our weeding parties and working in the yard. I hope that it reminds him that we worked TOGETHER in the yard, that I just didn't send him out to tackle those pesky nuisances by himself.

He did also give me a sweet card and helped make breakfast of scrambled eggs and blueberry muffins with orange juice.

For two days Ashlyn has not allowed me in her room as she created a present for me.

She apparently helped Alex also come up with something. 
I wasn't allowed in the kitchen all day. The children sang superbly in sacrament meeting. I got to take home a Utah Truffle bar to indulge in later. I took a nap with Ash and Alex after watching Pioneer Woman make us some yummy food. Alex likes to ask "can we watch the yummy food." Then we ate yummy food with the rest of the Leary clan which THE MEN prepared . . . chicken burritoes/enchiladas, salad, guacamole, seven-layer dip, fruit, dessert, homemade ice cream. I was impressed. I got to chat with my momma, one of the best mothers I know. And the clouds eventually parted and the sun came out after a most drenching rain storm this morning.

I love being a mother. Especially a weed eater weilding mother.

No comments: