21 May 2014

Covenants

I was headed home from the temple yesterday and thinking about covenants and why we make them at baptism and in the holy temple. I've already written a blog post about this very thing, but sometimes you need reminders and need to relearn things. The thought came to me very clearly as I was driving that when designing the entire plan of happiness for us, the Lord knew it very important to have us make promises with him so that he could give us access to his power.

Who wouldn't want to be able to tap into that power of goodness and holiness?

Who wouldn't want the Ultimate Superhero on your team, fighting for you and backing you up?

I know I do.

Here's a recap of my last covenant blog post: 
  • COVENANTS let us declare whose "camp" we are in.
  • COVENANTS allow us access to a power in our fight against all that is unholy.
  • COVENANTS are the means to prove to the Lord that we can be trusted. He wants to bless us with all that he has, but we need to know that we can be trusted with all powers and principalities.

No comments: