06 June 2013

Oh my! Where to start.

I would like to say "Let's start at the very beginning. A very good place to start" but I'm not feeling that ambitious right now. (And yes, I did just quote The Sound of Music.)

The weather's been gorgeous and I haven't really wanted to sit in front of a computer. But let me just say that I had absolutely NOTHING on my calendar today and it has been wonderful.

So I . . .
  •  Ran my 3 miles.
  • Ground some wheat into flour so I could make pancakes. I have to have wheat pancakes with some wheat germ, flax seed, and oats thrown in there.
  •  Finished planting my garden in the midst of some very ugly weeds. We shall see what decides to survive and thrive. So far my garden has surprised me with potatoes. I planted them in March and got them up for good after two months and let the weeds get the better of that area. Then one day I happened to notice a small potato plant popping through the ground and got so excited.
  •  Read a little in my book Same Kind of Different As Me and enjoying it.
  •  Made some Lemon Rice Krispie Squares from Pinterest.
  •  And watched kids play in the splash pad we got up and going today -- just in time for some hot weather. 
One more thing . . . this kid became an official teenager several weeks ago


and got initiated with braces yesterday.

No comments: