23 June 2013

Alex is 3

I made the mistake of putting Alex's wrapped presents out on the mantel when I got out Ty's presents for Father's Day.

It's been a LONG week!

We had also hidden a present in the shed and several times he "discovered" it and came to find me and excitedly tell me all about it.

The big day finally arrived. Ash was kind enough to keep him in his room until we came to get him.
The big present was his favorite, a garage sale toy that we commissioned Aunt Gwen to find. For several months now he's been putting his play dishes in my big oven or I'll open up my pot drawer to find his little pot and lid in there. He's been baking and doing dishes and microwaving to his heart's content.



I've been asking him for several weeks now what he'd like to eat for his big day. All he requested was some Marshmallow Matey's and chocolate milk. Done! And I threw in some french toast for us.

We went hiking up to Donut Falls in Big Cottonwood canyon. It was a fairly easy hike until we got to the actual falls. Some people were climbing up the rocks to see the hole the falls goes through. I told my kids we were staying put although we did cross the river and venture up the steep dirt trail.


And on the way home we spotted a moose. That was a rare treat.

Alex kept telling us he wanted to go to a park and we kept telling him we had gone to a park (hiking and Silver Lake for lunch). That wasn't good enough. He finally told us, "No, a playground park!" So we obliged before really heading for home, dinner, cake, and ice cream.

No comments: