12 May 2013

Mother's Day

What a beautiful day! We left the windows open for the first time this year last night and got to listen to the crickets all night long. Definitely one of my favorite sounds. I love spring, summer, and fall. I could really do without winter, although it sure makes me appreciate the warmer months when they finally roll around again.

My family spoiled me with breakfast of a maple donut and homemade granola cereal (a new recipe I tried yesterday and loved). We all ate outside on the deck. I love taking advantage of the warm morning sun. It is my most favorite time of the day.

And then there are always the fun gifts. Ash gave me several things she had made. 
Nate gave me a card with a poem he had written.

I got a Willow Tree figurine of a mother and her son from Tyler.
Our primary presidency made these cute little bookmarks. I've seen them around and have thought about making one. Yep, thought about it. Crafts aren't my thing, so I'm so happy when someone does it for me. Thanks to our primary I have something I've been wanting and I don't have to do it. (I just grabbed one of the books I've been reading . . . Change Your Questions, Change Your Life by Wendy Watson Nelson)

We also visited with Grandma Leary who had taken a tumble earlier in the week. My kids are incredibly blessed to have their great-grandma still around and doing so well. AND to have cousins who live right next door.
Dinner was fabulous and then I took a very long Sunday nap.

I love being a mom! and hope my kids loving having me as their mom.

No comments: