04 August 2012

Wanna see what I discovered underneath my toenail polish?


I'm pretty sure it's from my half marathon 6 weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure you didn't want to see a closeup of it either. I'm surprised it doesn't hurt. My shoes are only 4 years old! Yes, new shoes are on my list.

This yard is also kicking my tail feathers. I'm attempting to maintain the front while working on the back and getting that ready for sod sometime in the next month. Between Tyler and me, we've planted 116 plants/trees in the last 12 months. There are just some evenings when I wonder what the point of showering is when I'm going to get up and do it all over again the next day.

But I LOVE IT! I love coming in after working hard and standing back and seeing something looks different. I love the feel of the dirt on my hands. I love the smell of a freshly cut lawn. I love creating in our yard. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

2 comments: