22 August 2012

Another year begins

The big kids ready for jr. high:


The little kids ready for elementary (but not Al; he's all mine, all day):
I sent them off with a candy gram wishing them the best this year.
* * * * *
A couple of side notes:
Kiersten landed herself a piano teacher job. She'll be teaching two girls up the street who are really just beginning. Piano teachers are in such high demand; it would be a great job for her if she can keep up with it.

Also, my granny passed away yesterday. I can thank her for my name that has stuck with me for better or for worse. My parents named me Melissa with the intent of calling me such. Grandma Kinnie began calling me Little Miss, and Missy it became much to the chagrin of my mother. She was my last surviving grandparent which makes me really sad as I  realize that the next generation to go will be my parents.




No comments: