24 February 2012

A little late Valentines update

We are trying to refinance . . . again. So this week I have been vigilant in keeping my house spotless, waiting for an appraiser to show up, which he finally did (turns out he was having a hard time getting a hold of us). It's a lot of work trying to keep a house looking like a Parade of Homes home with five kids and all their stuff. I think I vacuumed and dusted every day and made sure all the bathrooms were clean. But it paid off. That appraisal came in SO much better than the last one did a couple of months ago. I will never understand how one appraisal can be so much better/worse than another. It is such a biased job even if they don't think so.

The week before Valentine's we "heart-attacked" our kitchen with love notes. Some were serious, some not-so-serious. Apparently my nephew even got in on the action. I found a note he had secretly stashed under the cabinet :)
Tyler and I rarely go out for Valentine's, so every year I make his favorite dinner of lasagna, garlic bread, salad. This year I even made what he calls his Mt. Dew drink and an Oreo ice cream dessert. The kids usually get some goodies, but this year I threw in an extra present.

Every year their elementary school hosts a book battle where the contestants have a buzzer to ring in to answer the question. I found the same buzzer online and thought we could have some fun with it at home doing our own trivia games. I think we might even be able to use it in the car.

My favorite valentine: Nate's. He actually took the 100 Grand I had given him and regifted it back. 

No comments: