04 April 2010

March Madness

First, can I just say this has not been your typical Easter.
  1. I, er, I mean the Easter Bunny, didn't put a single piece of chocolate in any Easter baskets.
  2. He also usually leaves summer clothes for the kids. This year instead he left a new scooter for ALL of them to share. Good thing he didn't leave clothes because . . .
  3. We woke up to snow on the ground. I certainly don't ever remember an Easter morning with snow on the ground. Quite depressing. We've had more snow in the last week than all of winter combined.
  4. And then I was asked to bring dessert for Easter dinner. I've been craving carrot cake, so I made one and then decided to also make a carob cake (equivalent of chocolate but without the caffeine) since going to the health store in search of citric acid and coming across the stuff. For the record Tyler grew up on carob because they didn't eat chocolate in their home. He was very excited to have a carob cake. Anyway, not your typical Easter.
Our Crazy Month of March
Our first week of March consisted of basketball games just about every night with Kiersten and Erik both playing tournament games. That Saturday we had two Jr. Jazz championship games. Erik lost, but Kiersten's Jr. Jazz team, who were the underdogs going into the championship game, beat the only undefeated team of the entire season. What made this game cool was her coach's sister and only sibling was killed in a horrific car accident half way through the season. For the remainder of the season, those girls were out to win for him . . . AND THEY DID! It was a very awesome moment.
Nate lost a front tooth, but left the other dangling.

 Two birthdays and
 
 a Candyland birthday party.
 Every year Tyler has everyone fill out a NCAA championship bracket. Then he tracks who does the best with their guesses and they win a package of Oreos. Nate did amazingly well, guessing many upsets and was at one point number 3421 out of millions who submitted their brackets to ESPN. Take this kid to Vegas!
 Erik's stolen bike was recovered a block away from out house, pretty hammered but repairable. However, after getting the bill for fixing up the bike we almost could have bought a new one. I immediately bought bike locks for all the kids. Hopefully they will use them.
 Throw in an orchestra concert,
finished house plans (FINALLY!),
and a Bear Lake Primary presidency retreat where I made this cute Happy Birthday banner.

Doctor appointments. Ash had several. One in particular was with her oncologist who gave her a clean bill of health. After being 5 years cancer free we no longer need to visit with them, although they said they would love to still see us every year. I think not. I'm happy to cut that appointment out entirely. My OB now wants to start seeing me every 3 weeks. Eleven weeks to go. I'm not counting :)
And to conclude this month, Nate's other dangling tooth came out biting into a piece of bread.

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

wow! I bet you are glad to have March over! Fun, but busy?

Ambs said...

great summary Missy!
I want to see some pregnancy pictures!!! Maybe next month? :)